Monday, June 7, 2010

the art of simple food

I just ordered this cookbook from amazon. Alice Waters is all about simple food, eating seasonally and locally. I am really into this concept lately, not because I am in any way earthy or an active environmentalist (thought I did exclusively wear birkenstocks for approximately 12 years of my life). When you eat food that is truly in season, particularly produce, it is a completely different experience to what you eat in the off season. Anyone who has purchased a tomato in January and taken home a pale pink pulp blob knows this is true.

I am really excited to try her techniques because I like they idea of learning basic ways to cook food and adapting them myself, versus following a recipe by rote.

1 comment:

  1. You should read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. GREAT GREAT BOOK.

    ReplyDelete