Friday, April 2, 2010

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I LOVE MARK BITTMAN. He just makes everything so (as The Pioneer Woman might say) dadgum easy. I particularly like his method for roasting salmon and chicken. Instead of roasting a whole chicken, he gives a great method of roasting chicken parts - a whole chicken cut up into pieces, or just thighs and drums or whichever pieces you want. Dark and light meat lovers can once again live in harmony. All you do is preheat your oven. Once it's preheated, you put some butter or oil in a roasting pan and throw it in the heated oven. Then you toss the chicken pieces in it and roast it the rest of the way. The heated pan helps you crisp up the skin a bit, and everything cooks really quickly and easily. I put about 20 peeled garlic cloves, three halved lemons and some rosemary sprigs in with mine and it was fantastic. The garlic got so mild and soft and the roasted lemons were almost caramelized. I squeezed the juice over the pieces before I served it.

His salmon recipes are equally delicious. I have not made one thing out of his cookbook that I haven't loved.

Check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment