Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"If you're looking for something awesome...

...look no further," is what my husband told me to name this post. Introducing a series of recipes from Cooking Light's awesome new iPad app. The app has a ton of great features, like being able to plan entire menus and seeing how your sides can impact, for example, your sodium intake for the day with colored dots; red means you may want to scale back the sodium or saturated fat, green means you're good to go!

Tonight's meal was Quick Meatloaf with Rosemary-Shallott Mashed Sweet Potatoes and steamed broccoli. I had low expectations on the meatloaf. I like the one my mom taught me to make, which has sausage in it and mozzarella cheese, and bakes for an hour. This meatloaf takes about 35 minutes and it was to-die-for.




Or, as my husband puts it, "Awesome with a million exclamation points!"
He should really be a food critic!

And just because you're cooking light, doesn't mean you can forget about dessert!





Oh, hello there. Who are you?




It's your old friend, apple crisp!





And cool whip. (Say "cool." Now say "whip." "Cool whip!" Love Family Guy.)






Mmmmm. With a million exclamation points.

No comments:

Post a Comment